>> July 28, 2010
Lord I will praise You because:
- You are Jehovah-Rohi; my Shepherd, who leads me and I will listen to your voice and follow, even when I don’t know where or when. ~Psalm 23:1
- You are Jehovah-Shammah; ever present in every situation I am in, even when I feel alone and abandoned. ~ Ezekiel 48:35
- You are Jehovah- Shalom, and give me peace when my soul is troubled. ~Judges 6:21
- You are Jehovah- Rapha; my healer when sheep bite. ~Exodus 15:26
- You are Jahovah-Jireh; my provider when our wages disappear. ~Gen 22:13-14
- You are Jehovah- Gmolah; and will repay us what is rightfully ours and has been taken without consent. ~Jeremiah 51:6
- You are El-Roi; the one who sees the injustice, fear, pain, and sorrow. ~ Gen. 16:13
- El-Shaddai; the God almighty who reigns in these mountains, and I will rest in Your shadow. ~ Psalm 91:1
- And El-Olam; the everlasting God who is worthy of all my praise. ~Isaiah 40:27-31
Isaiah 27-31 the Message:
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind.